Sunday, October 26, 2014

Complementary Hues

Have you ever found yourself stuck in a style rut when all you can think of wearing is black or white? How about playing with fun color combination to liven up your wardrobe? For today's style post, I'm trying out mixing cool and warm colors. Playing with colors can completely transform your look from winter to spring, spring to summer and so on. 
If you don't know some of the color theories, I will share one to you now because it is relevant to some aspects of style besides clothing as well. The color theory that I applied on my outfit is the "Complementary Colors" theory.. These are the colors that are directly across from each other on the color wheel.
Check this out:

Because of their high contrast, they complement each other as the name implies. To make it easier for you to decide what colors to combine, start with a primary color as the base which I chose to wear my blue pleated maxi skirt from CERTAIN THINGS and complement it with orange layered necklace and GOLD SMITHS GRANDAUGHTER bangles. To balance the colors, I wore my white mid-corset with floral prints that I got from CLOTHES BUFFET MANILA. FEET HER WELL comfy white ballet shoes and rose gold hand bag from BAGELLA NI TATAT to finish the look.










So would you wear orange and blue together? What do you think of my outfit? :-)


Footwear: FEET HER WELL
Accessories: GOLD SMITHS GRAND DAUGHTER & Forever 21


Follow me on Instagram: @GOHINGMELISSA Twitter: @GOHINGMELISSA
Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcC_rwU4TQnPqkiPT_rtBdg

Til' my next post! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment