Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Denim on Denim

Some of you must be wondering how to pair your jean jacket with jeans? Now, that's a tricky one but with the reemergence if the 90s grunge and chambray, denim found its way back in the runway. As what Gap's director of engagement and marketing and public relations Olivia Doyne said, "The trick with denim on denim is to make sure you're mixing up both fabric weights and the washes". For example with what I'm wearing, I paired my MOSSIMO light wash and lightweight chambray Western shirt with medium wash skinny jeans.
The awesome thing about this look is that denim pieces are fun and edu and can be paired with just about everything. On the other hand, however, is that its really tricky to pull off and matching wrong shades can provide a fashion failure of epic proportions.
And, sure, the models look so cool wearing them but for an average woman like me, all I need is to tuck my jeans into my Call It Spring boots and rock the style without looking like a walking fashion faux pas. Jazzed up my jeans outfit with Forever 21 gold hoop earrings with dangling coins and bangles.








Whatever you want to say, denim is going to stay in the fashion trend.
Now try to do denim on denim. ;-P
Top: MOSSIMO
BOTTOM: MOSSIMO
SHOES: Call It Spring
Accessories: Forever 21
Follow me on Instagram: @GOHINGMELISSA Twitter: @GOHINGMELISSA
Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcC_rwU4TQnPqkiPT_rtBdg

Til' my next post! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment